|NEWS ABOUT ABCD|
- Join the ABCD online community of practice! This online space provides an opportunity to share examples of ABCD in action, ask questions, and spark conversation. Click here to visit ABCD In Action, then click Sign-Up on the right hand side.n
- ABCD Institute founder and co-director John McKnight is blogging! Please visit www.abundantcommunity.com to read his latest posts and learn more about his new publication, The Abundant Community, co-written with Peter Block.
- First Lady and ABCD faculty member Michelle Obama mentions the Asset-Based Community Development Institute and partner organization Public Allies in a speech at a conference hosted on June 16, 2009, by Greater DC Cares. Visit Michelle Obama's faculty page to read her speech.
- Deborah Puntenney was awarded a grant by the Alliance for Research in Chicagoland Communities for a partnership building grant in North Chicago, beginning July 2009. Read the press release.
- In partnership with ABCD, Coady Institute colleagues Gordon Cunningham and Alison Mathie have just published an edited volume titled From Clients to Citizens: Communities Changing the Course of Their Own Development, which features case studies of asset-based community development efforts around the world.
back to top