Talkshoe Conversation with John McKnight and Peter Block: Health Is a Neighborhood Issue
September 9, 2014
1-2 p.m. Eastern
Free conversation with John and Peter with their special guest Jackie Reed, the founder and former president and CEO of Chicago's Westside Health Authority. The mission of WHA is to use the capacity of community residents to improve the health and well-being of the community.
John, Peter and Jackie will talk for about a half-hour about health as a neighborhood issue and how WHA defines “health” broadly, including the social and physical environment which contributes to the people's mental, physical, and spiritual well-being; their relationships with family, friends and neighbors; and their ability to find stable employment.
Then they’ll open the conversation up for questions and comments from anyone who wants to stay around.
It's easy to listen and participate. If you can’t listen live, the conversation will be archived for listening or downloading later.
To listen in and participate in this conversation, click here.
To listen to past conversations, click here.
On the Ground Cleveland: Igniting the Power of Everyday People
September 15-18, 2014
Join a remarkable array of funders, practitioners and grassroots leaders for Grassroots Grantmakers' annual On the Ground learning exchange, designed in partnership with Cleveland's highly regarded neighborhood Connections grassroots grantmaking and community building program.
- Explore resident-led grantmaking with some of the most experienced resident grantmakers in North America
- Connect with people who are approaching community building as social innovation
- Take a behind the scene look at game-changing partnerships between key community institutions and neighborhood residents
- Share your successes and challenges with others who are working in local communities to ignite the power of everyday people
- Recharge your batteries and add new tools to your community change toolkit
- Experience a unique adventure in building a learning community together
For more information click here
The Unconference 2014: Participant-Driven Gathering
A Unique and Transformative Gathering You Will Not Want to Miss – Discover new ways of thinking!
October 21-24, 2014
Hunter Valley Hotel Academy
Kurri Kurri NSW, Australia
The Unconference Agitators will provide the space and experience to support the emergence of social innovation and transformation using the following practices as the frameworks of discovery:
- Asset-Based Community Development
- Appreciative Inquiry
- Circle Work
- Open Space Technology
- Person-Centred Practices
- Theory U
- World Cafe
- Social Enterprise
- Alternative Narratives of Disability
To register, click here.
back to top