Talkshoe Conversation with John McKnight and Peter Block: 2015 Line-Up
Here's the 2015 schedule and guests for free online/dial-in conversations with John and Peter.
All are at 1 p.m. Eastern time.
June 2 – Ruston Seaman, New Vision Renewable Energy
August 4 – Edd Conboy, Philadelphia’s Broad Street Ministry
October 6 – Michelle Long, BALLE
December 8 – Dan Grego, TransCenter for Youth
John, Peter and their guests usually talk for about a half hour about different ways individuals and neighborhoods can work to build thriving and prosperous communities. Then they open the conversation up for questions and comments from anyone who wants to stay around.
It's easy to listen and participate. If you can’t listen live, the conversation will be archived.
Click here to listen or join a current conversation
Click here to listen to a past conversation.
Asset-Based Community Development & Art of Hosting Introduction Workshops
TWO-DAY TRAINING PROGRAM
July 16 & 17, 2015
9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
47 Fitzroy Street, Burwood, NSW (within Woodstock Park), Australia
Drawing on the experience of the facilitators and participants, you will leave with practical tools, skills and ideas on how to:
- Focus on assets rather than deficiencies
- Develop and mobilize an asset map
- Identify natural leaders
- Discover skills of individuals
ART OF HOSTING WORKSHOPS
Drawing on the experience of the facilitator and participants, you will:
- Discover powerful ways to implement ABCD
- Leave with increased confidence in hosting group processes
- Discover how to form “good” questions
- Explore group dynamics
- Consider how to plan, introduce and debrief exercises using questions that matter
For more information and to register
Collective Impact Summit
September 28 - October 2, 2015
Join the Tamarack Institute for their Collective Impact Summit, an exclusive learning experience that will bring you the most current thinking and resources from the emerging field of Collective Impact. It is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic group of practitioners who are discovering new ways to lead, engage, and transform communities by tackling our most complex issues. ABCD faculty members Al Etmanski and Paul Born will be among the presenters.
For more information or to register
The Coleman Foundation, The ABCD Institute, and Center for Independent Futures Present...
ENHANCING CAPACITY THROUGH COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS
Date: Friday, October 16, 2015
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Location: National Louis University, North Shore Campus
Public Forum Room, 3rd Floor
5202 Old Orchard Road, Skokie, IL 60077
Facilitated by ABCD faculty member Paul Arnston
Keynote Speaker: Al Condeluci, PhD, MSW
CEO of Community Living and Support Services
• Learn from nationally recognized leaders about community inclusion and organizing
• Hear firsthand from families working to create community-based alternative housing options
• Explore ideas about the opportunities and challenges of creating a housing solution in your area
• Build networks and share resources with professionals, family groups and individuals
• Become part of the team to determine next steps toward creating housing options in Illinois
Coady International Institute St. Francis Xavier University
Asset-Based and Citizen-Led Development Course
April 18 - May 5, 2016
This course is built on lessons learned from communities that are driving their own development. Through class work and field visits, participants are introduced to principles and methods for supporting citizen-led sustainable change where they work, and leave with a plan for operationalizing an asset-based and citizen-driven development (ABCD) approach.
It is recommended that you apply six months before course is held.
For more information and to apply
back to top